Travel Documents

All IMCA drivers planning to follow any series travelling to Canada are required to have the proper paperwork in order and in hand to be granted passage across the border.

This includes The Dakota Classic Modified Tour which is scheduled at Estevan Motor Speedway for the specified date. See Schedule.

Required documentation is as follows:

  1. Canadian law requires that anyone entering Canada must carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid United States passport, passport card or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. 
  1. If U.S. citizen travellers to Canada do not have a passport, passport card or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (for example a driver’s license) and proof of U.S. citizenship (such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate or expired U.S. passport).
  1. Children under the age of 16 must only present proof of U.S. citizenship.
  1. As of June 1, all Americans re-entering the U.S. by land need to present a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document.
  1. The State Department is encouraging American travelers to obtain WHTI-compliant documents well in advance of their planned trip to Canada. Information about what will get you across the border and home again in a timely fashion is available at the website.
  1. First-time passport applications must be made in person, at sites that include post offices in larger communities, county recorder’s offices and county clerk of court offices.
  1. Processing for routine applications takes approximately four to six weeks; expedited service, which takes two to three weeks, is available for an additional charge.
  1. Anyone with a criminal record, including misdemeanors or Driving While Impaired (DWI) charges, may be barred from entering Canada and must obtain a special waiver. More information about possible admission is available at the Canadian immigration and citizenship website, or visit:

PRINTABLE U.S. PASSPORT INFORMATION – Passport Info for US Citizens to get to Canada Criminal Requirements for US